Buku yang buatkan aku jatuh cinta kat sci-fi novel
jeng jeng jeng
THE HOST written by Stephanie Meyer
aloh, yang buat novel Twilight Saga tu.
ni aku kasik sipnosis pasal buku ni:
Melanie 'Mel' Stryder is one of the only rebel humans left after the invasion of the 'souls'. After insertion into a human body, alien souls erase the human occupant and establish claim over the body and mind. Wanderer is a soul who has lived on eight other planets previously, Mel being her ninth body host. Upon insertion into Melanie, Wanderer is overwhelmed by the vividness of human memories, emotions and senses and quickly learns that she has not established full claim over Melanie's mind.
The Seeker, who is in charge of Melanie's body, starts to worry about Wanderer's apparent lack of control over Melanie's mind. Wanderer is bombarded with Melanie's memories and her powerful yearning for Jared Howe (her love interest) and Jamie Stryder (her brother), and soon finds herself feeling strong love for Melanie's former companions. She becomes desperate to find out whether they are still alive. On a road trip to Tucson, Melanie remembers her Uncle Jeb telling her about a secret hideaway he once made, and which Jared is aware of. Wanderer sets out to find the hideaway, with a vague sketch of the path from Melanie's memories, and is found by Jeb on the verge of death. She is taken to the hideaway, a complex of caves in which a group of rebel humans live, but is treated spitefully as they consider Wanderer a parasite in Melanie's body. Many of the humans believe she should be put to death and attempts are made on her life, most notably by Kyle O'Shea, despite the protection provided her by some of the humans, including Ian O'Shea (who strangled her when she was first brought there), Jeb, and Jared (who experiences powerful, conflicting emotions towards his alien-possessed lover).
Over time, Wanderer, now becoming known as "Wanda", becomes a part of the group's routine by working, eating, and becoming an unofficial history teacher by telling stories after evening meals about her experiences in former hosts on other planets occupied by the souls. During this time, Ian, Jamie, and many other humans befriend Wanda. The Seeker, still not convinced that Wanderer was killed in the desert, returns in a helicopter, but is unable to find the caves. Ian's brother Kyle attempts to murder Wanda by throwing her into a boiling underground river, but is unsuccessful because the cave floor collapses and he is knocked unconscious. However, Wanda saves Kyle's life because of his resemblance to Ian. A tribunal is held and it is decided that Kyle is allowed to stay, though many of Wanda's friends are upset about this decision, particularly Ian, who believes that Kyle deserves to die after his plot to kill Wanda. Jared also defends her, which shocks Wanda. Ian is also shown to be falling in love with Wanda, and kisses her. She tells him to stop because of Melanie's anger, and she is confused about her own feelings since she has been deeply infected by Mel's love for Jared. After spending more time with Ian, she realizes she loves him too, but Mel doesn't approve.
Jamie soon gets an infection and Wanda realizes that she can be used as a raider as she is trusted by other souls. After injuring herself in order to get treated by Healers, she takes the necessary medicines to help Jamie. The humans let Wanda help out on raids, now that she is trusted by them. Following a raid in which the Seeker is caught and Wes is shot by the Seeker, Wanda decides to reveal her biggest secret: how to remove a soul without killing either the human or the soul, a procedure that Doc had been attempting unsuccessfully. She promises to teach Doc under two conditions: first, they must send the souls to new planets without harming them, and second, Doc must remove Wanda's soul from Melanie's body and bury Wanda, because "she does not want to be a parasite any longer". Wanda successfully removes The Seeker and sends her to another planet, and the body the Seeker was in is revived. Wanda then teaches Doc how to take out the souls himself.
Ian is enraged at the idea of Wanda ending her life so that Jared can have Melanie back. He forcibly takes her to his cave where they reveal their love for each other and kiss again. However, she sneaks away from him after he falls asleep, still determined to give up her life for Melanie. Wanda has Doc remove her from Melanie's body, believing that she will die thereafter, according to their agreement. However, she awakens in a new human body whose original owner was possessed as a baby and therefore has no suppressed human personality, and it is revealed that Jared and Ian forcibly prevented Doc from carrying out the agreement and that most of the humans want her to stay as one of them. Ian and Wanda become partners and are practically inseparable. The book ends with the rebels discovering another group of humans who also have a soul among them. This discovery suggests that humanity and souls together may still have hope for the future.
Akunyer POV, tak kirela, melayu punyer cerite mahupon novel english, ataupun bahase2 lain:
- aku giler strict pasal plot line dia. lagi-lagi kalau aku rasa cam dia nyer character ntah ape2. rase cam nak siku orang pon ade gak. tapi novel ni memang trang tang tang, jalan cerita yang macam ko pulak jadik watak utame.besh
- type of book: science fiction
- novel ni dah lame kuar, tahun 2010, May kalau tak silap ah, coz waktu birthday aku kowt!
- yang bestnyer, berbaloi sangat, coz its have an unexpected twist of plotline, sth that u didn't expected it to happen,
- bagi aku character "Wanda" tu memula cam hampeh, tapi bila aku baca, esp in the middle part. aku suka giler kat character dia ni. kire aku tabik toing le kat Stephanie Meyer.
- kat sini, main point cerite dia ni, aku leh kata la, tak le berat sangat, dari stail penceritaan dia ni pon, aku leh paham. penggunaan bahasa yang standard.
- harge pon tak mahal, depends pada jenis cover yang korang beli, kalau setakat paperbacknyer cover, bawah RM40 je, hardcover mahal, tapi dijamin puan hati
- P/S: tolong sediakan kotak tisu, lagi banyak, lagi bagus. :P
- aku kasik novel ni 9.8/10 bintang. sebabnyer... bace dulu ah, gerenti tau kenape
- P/S/S: beli yang reprint kalo boleh. coz kalau dapat yang 1st edition, dorang tak masukkan part terakhir i.e. 2bab akhir. ngengnge dahle part yang terbaik. gerenti nangis guling2 kalo baca yang 1st ed nyer
p/s/s/s: thnx to wikipedia The Host (novel)